Well, it isn't something from the Romulans or even from Harry Potter, it's Sign in as Invisible. After we integrated Lifestream into AIM, our goal was to add in features that our users have requested and continue to work on improving the user interface.
As with our previous release, you can just go to AIM>Check For Updates... or click the download link on AOL Beta Central
New Features & Changes in AIM for Mac 2.1 Beta 2:
- Added the Sign In as Invisible option to the Sign In window.
- Added "Status Sync" buttons in the status text field for Lifestream services so you can choose where you want your status to be broadcasted.
- Added the Command+Return key equivalent to the Send button on the IM conversation window.
- Added the Extras tab to the AIM preferences window. It includes settings for iTunes status and Diagnostics.
- Made some new changes to the Buddy Flyout for a better user interface. Also added Lifestream integration.
- Improved VoiceOver accessibility for the Welcome Screen.
- Various user interface improvements.
- Fixed some Buddy List Font Scale issues.
- Fixed multiple issues regarding Status Photos including one where images dragged from a browser could not be uploaded.
- Fixed issues regarding hyperlinks launching the default mail reader instead of the default browser.
- Fixed a couple of issues with iTunes track info in Status Messages.
- Fixed issues where user preferences weren't being loaded correctly after switching Screen Names.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
Update AIM for Mac today and leave a comment below and let us know what you think!
AOL Mac/iPhone Product Lead