Fit-and-Finish and Addressing User Feedback
We're now on our fourth Beta
for AIM for Mac 2.0 and we're now working on fit-and-finish and addressing issues reported by our Beta testers. If you haven't set up your Lifestream, you can set up your social networks under the Lifestream tab (on AIM for Mac 2.0) or by visiting http://lifestream.aim.com.
Please download and try AIM for Mac 2.0 (Beta 4)
Features Released in Previous AIM for Mac 2.0 Betas
- Consolidated mode selector. Just click the "Running Man" pull-down menu to select Available, Away, Invisible or Mobile. If you have created Away Messages in a previous version of AIM, you will see them as a sub-menu at the bottom of the pull-down menu.
- Away toggle, invisible toggle, group row color picker and Find Buddy have been moved to the new Search Toolbar in the Buddy List. You can open or close the new toolbar by selecting "Show Search Toolbar in Buddy List" or pressing Shift-Option-F.
- A new, streamlined AIM registration is now integrated with your AIM for Mac sign in window so you can create new screen names to be used with AIM or AIM Mail.
- Buddy List Builder has been added to AIM for Mac 2.0 to help new users find and add Buddies (even from Address Books on other services).
- Find out who calls you a buddy. But you'll need to open your Buddy List up too. "Buddy Lists I'm on" is now available on the Me tab, just click the number to see details. For your privacy, this feature is set to private ("Just Me") by default but will be available for you to manage in the next AIM for Mac beta (this feature is not yet available on iPhone). See privacy tab in AIM for Mac 2.0 preferences.
AIM for Mac 2.0 (Beta 4) New Features and Changes
- Enabled the dragging of text clippings, images, and links from the IM conversation history view.
- We are no longer going to close a sheet when a new IM conversation is started. Also, we will no longer change the tab selection when a sheet is displayed.
- Updated Buddy Icon sizing to accommodate additional sizes.
- Users can now open a window to display Buddy Lists I'm On.
- Added VoiceOver compatible text for IM window button bar.
- Improved support for languages (Japanese and other languages).
- General bug fixes and optimizations.
AIM for Mac 2.0 (Beta 4) Fixed Issues
- Users can use the auto-update engine if the Beta has been blocked for a mandatory upgrade.
- Fixed Growl button in preferences not working in certain version of Growl.
- Fixed an issue if the user resized the IM window to minimum size, the knock-knock window will be displayed.
- Fixed various memory leak issues that may lead to application crash.
- Fixed an issue if a Buddy Icon is not returned from the AIM network, which caused an issue with the Buddy Flyout.
- Fixed an issue that will always use the default location for application preferences.
- Pressing ESC from the keyboard will Cancel the sign-in process.
- Fixed an issue when the assigned Buddy Icon to a new AIM screen name is only 12 x 12 pixels.
- Fixed an issue when the Away Message was sent when the user was available.
- Fixed an issue where different font/size defaults were not uniform across all text input fields.
- Fixed an issue when your status was updated to say "Check out my photo!" even if the user cancels the upload.
As always, I appreciate your support and drop by the Mac@AOL blog to find out what's going on at AOL!
AOL Mac/iPhone Product Lead
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.
When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.
To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br> tags.