The AOL Mac Team has been busy. AIM for Mac 1.5 was delivered at the end of June and today, we are pleased to announce AIM for Mac 2.0 Beta 1. Our next version of AIM for Mac builds on AIM for Mac 1.5 and adds AIM Lifestream. AIM Lifestream is a new view that allows you to keep tabs on what's going on with your Buddies. You can add Facebook or Twitter services so never miss an update!
On the Lifestream selector, you'll see the new Lifestream event badge, to let you know how many Lifestream updates are available since the last time you took a peek at the Lifestream view. The Me view will keep you posted on any comments or changes to your
Check out what's new in AIM for Mac 2.0:
- AIM Lifestream view is now available by clicking Lifestream on the view selector. Lifestream will display status updates, photos and comments posted by your friends and family in your lifestream. For more information, please visit http://lifestream.aim.com.
- AIM "Me" view, shows you your current Lifestream status along with any lifestream posts that are directly connected to you. You can see your "Me" view by clicking Me on the view selector.
- Away toggle, invisible toggle, group row color picker and Find Buddy have been moved to the new Search Toolbar in the Buddy List. You can open or close the new toolbar by selecting "Show Search Toolbar in Buddy List" or pressing Shift-Option-F.
- Consolidated mode selector. Just click the "Running Man" pull-down menu to select Available, Away, Invisible or Mobile. If you have created Away Messages in a previous version of AIM, you will see them as a sub-menu at the bottom of the pull-down menu.
- A new, streamlined AIM registration is now integrated with your AIM for Mac sign in window so you can create new screen names to be used with AIM or AIM Mail.
Other changes from 1.5:
- Improved AIM registration flow web site that is included on the AIM for Mac sign-in window.
- Added animation to the Edit Buddy Icon label.
- Fixed various bugs and improved performance.
You can view the Known Issues
by clicking this link
Since this is a significant update to AIM for Mac, we're hopefull that our users will leave their comments and impressions below. We hope you enjoy it!
AOL Mac/iPhone Product Lead